Google
Web Mufakka Racing

Go Back   .:Mufakka Racing Forums:. > This, that, and the other > Foosball
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 PM
Sheepdog

Default The draft

Man, it is Sat. morning and I am sitting here at work looking over the draft in general so far. Has anyone been watching the moves the Patriots have been making? Holy shit, they are hoarding some killer players!! It is only round 4, yet they have accumulated 6 picks so far. Here is the run-down in case you were not paying attention:

R1 #27pick: Devin McCourty CB/Rutgers Go read about this kid, he is a player! Teamed up with Meriweather in the backfield - I say passing against this team will be tough.

R2 #42pick: Rob Gronkowski TE/Arizona: Not much on this guy, but NE always seems to pick the good "un heard of guys", so this is prolly at worst, a decent pick.

R2 #53pick: Jermaine Cunningham OLB/UF
R2 #62pick: Brandon Spikes ILB/UF
I think these 2 guys will shine once on this defense. Good players only get better on the Pats. These guys are better than "good" already IMHO.

R3 #90pick: Taylor Price WR/Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by espn
Price is an explosive home run threat on the perimeter. He has both top-end speed to stretch the field and does a great job dropping his weight and transitioning in and out of breaks. His best quality might be his overall ball skills. He should provide immediate playmaking ability for the Patriots offense.
R4 #113pick: Aaron Hernandez TE/UF I think he will be to the TE position, what Welker is to the WR position for this team.

SO, 6 picks, and the Pats are looking sharp - and who do the Jags have so far....who? Yeah..exactly...

comments?
Old 04-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Crew Chief

Everyone was saying that about the last years Jags draft too. It seemed to work out pretty well.

Our D-line should be a beast next year, with good depth too. Hopefully that turns out helping the secondary out a lot.

QB will be addressed next year (wouldnt be suprised if they were targeting Ponder), running back looks pretty good, receiver are up and coming, tight ends look set...online is iffy though. Not sure if Meester will be playing center next year. The two tackles should improve even more though.

Im really looking forward to the next 2 years of Jags football.
Old 04-22-2015, 03:41 PM
Crew Chief

Ha, just re-read this thread.

That was a heck of a draft other than Hernandez being a killer.

If I only knew what I was in for over the next 5 years I wouldn't have been so up on the Jags.